MSCAPP is the leading program for students seeking to leverage the power of technology and data science within the field of public policy. Through a highly interdisciplinary curriculum and a wealth of opportunities for applied experience, students build expertise across the realms of computer science, statistics, and public policy analysis, and ultimately embark on a career using modern tools to make a positive social impact.
Letter from the Academic Co-Director
Our current moment has demonstrated the enormous impact policymaking has on the lived experiences of human beings across the globe. From environmental and health calamities to persistent forms of social inequity, the issues calling out for effective policy solutions have never been more pressing or more far-reaching in their consequences.
CAPP In the News:
- Two MSCAPP Students Named in 2022 Class of Siebel Scholars
- Letting Slip the Dogs of War: Damini Sharma, MSCAPP’20, the Data Behind Dog Bites, and the Path to a Pulitzer Prize
- Public Interest Technology Grant Funds and Expands Civic Data & Technology Clinic
- In Coding it Forward’s Civic Digital Fellowship, MSCAPP students learn about civic technology
- New Clinic Leverages Data Science for Social and Environmental Causes
- Two MSCAPP Students Named in 2021 Class of Siebel Scholars
- Five Years of MSCAPP: Possibilities and Problem Solving
- The Data Primary: MSCAPP in the 2020 Election